Learn how to make a REAL Rib Sandwich!
If you missed our Real Rib special a few weeks back, fear not because we’ve got a killer recipe for a rib sandwich that you can make at home! We take all of the nostalgia of a fast food favorite & upgrade the ingredients so you get the real thing, rather than a processed, sugary imitation. You can get the Rub & Hottish sauce that is used in this recipe at either G-Que location or in our online store.
Total time: 1 hr. 45 min.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 1 hr. 30 min.
- Baby back ribs
- Hottish BBQ sauce
- The Rub
- Your favorite beer
- White onions, sliced
- Bread & butter pickles
- Hoagie rolls
- Remove membrane from back of ribs, if applicable.
- Square off the ribs & cut rack to sandwich-sized portions.
- Rub some oil on ribs to create a binder for the Rub. *If cooking outdoors in hot weather, a binder might not be necessary. Check the ribs for natural condensation.
- Coat & pat down ribs with G-Que BBQ’s the Rub.
- Prep your PK Grill (watch the video below to see how it’s done).
- Place ribs on the grill over indirect heat & cook for around 45 min. to 1 hr., rotating ribs after 30 min.
- Remove ribs from heat when the bark is set up.
- Make a boat out of foil, then remove ribs from grill & place in the foil boat.
- Pour 3-4oz of your favorite beer into the foil boat, then double-wrap the ribs to prevent spillage.
- Put foil-wrapped ribs back on grill to braise for about 20 min.
- Remove ribs from heat when they are tender enough to remove the bone.
- Debone the ribs.
- Glaze ribs in Hottish BBQ sauce, then place back on the grill for about 10 min. until the sauce has set.
- Place ribs on a hoagie roll, add more sauce if desired, then top with sliced white onions & pickles.
Watch the video below to see the full process of making the REAL Rib Sandwich!