Learn How to Make a Smashburger with Garlic Butter!
This recipe for a Smashburger with Garlic Butter will make your tastebuds sing! If you’re looking for an easy, delicious meal to make on the griddle, this is it!
- Ground beef (70/30 fat content)
- 4 TBS of butter
- 1 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- Burger seasoning: 1/3 G-Que BBQ the Rub, 1/3 kosher salt, 1/3 course ground pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Sliced American cheese
- Loosely roll the ground beef into 3 oz meatballs.
- Heat up your griddle on high, but leave 1 side off so it only gets residual heat.
- Place the butter on the relatively cool side of the griddle.
- Add the minced garlic to the butter, working with a spatula.
- Once the butter is lightly browned & the garlic is well incorporated into the melted butter, crank up the cool side of the griddle to high & coat the entire griddle in the garlic butter.
- Using a basting brush, brush the insides of the hamburger buns with the garlic butter & lay butter-side-down on the griddle.
- Place the meatballs on the griddle. They should make an audible sizzle.
- Place a small square of parchment paper between your spatula & the meat to prevent the meat from sticking to the spatula, then smash the meatballs down until they form thin patties.
- Season the patties to taste with the burger seasoning.
- When the patties are browned after 1-2 minutes, flip them & top with sliced American cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted & the patties are cooked on both sides, assemble your burgers with 2 patties per bun & whatever toppings you’d like.
Made on a Blackstone griddle.
Watch the video below to see how it’s done!